Why the UK should care about James Comey's Trump testimony

Discussion in 'General Programming Topics' started by anwenwilson, Sep 18, 2017.

1. anwenwilson

anwenwilson New Member

During his time as acting director of the FBI under the Trump administration, James Comey took notes. Meticulously recorded and including shocking claims, these memos were cross-examined at a Congressional hearing in Washington DC. Comey's testimony to Congress is the first time he has spoken publicly about his investigation into possible connections between the Trump administration and the Russian government. Before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Comey went on to say that while he believes no votes were altered in the US Presidential election, he has "no doubt" that Russia meddled in the electoral process. Furthermore, he has raised questions about Donald Trump's role in obstructing the investigation, referencing one instance when he claims Trump told him: "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty."
    [​IMG]

When asked why Comey created records of his conversations with Trump, he stated that: "I knew there would come a day that I might need a record, not just to defend myself, but to defend the FBI." He makes a point that he never felt the need to document meetings between President George W. Bush or Barack Obama.
    His reasoning for recording his conversations with Trump is sobering: "I was honestly concerned that he might lie about the nature of our meeting."Last month, Robert S. Mueller III was appointed as the Special Counsel to examine the possibility of Trump's collusion with Russia in the 2016 election. He has since requested interviews with high-ranking former intelligence officials, who it has been suggested were asked by Trump to convince Comey to drop his investigation into the election. According to the New York Times, Mueller's actions hint at an investigation into Donald Trump's obstruction of justice. In response to Mueller's requests, Christopher Ruddy, a long-time friend of Trump's, claimed in an interview on Monday that Trump was considering firing Mueller, as he had done with Comey, but that sources inside the White House have advised him "not to do it".
    Mcafee Support Number UK